Thursday, September 15, 2005

Lens Cleanse - what does it mean?

I chose this title for my blog in response to some recent struggles in ministry. My greatest desire for myself and the people I serve is to have the lenses we see through examined in open conversation with each other and with open humble seeking of God - - "show me if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." When we don't or won't address the presence of or the distortion our lens brings to the situation we will never really know each other, be able to live truthfully together, or reflect to the world that we have been changed by Jesus, full of grace and truth.

The fancy theological terms for what I'm lamenting are: noetic effects of sin, log and speck - - the way sin interrupts our sight and our relationship with our brother (wonderfully pointed out in the curriculum Peacefakers, Peacemakers, Peacebreakers available at http://www.peacemaker.net or www.hannibalbooks.com or the Sonship discipleship program http://www.whm.org).

Welcome to the ramblings of someone who has discovered grace and is seeking the sanity that comes from knowing the grace and truth of Jesus in real life through real relationships.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know somebody in your congregation has read this!

nerdypastor said...

Thanks. I hope my random thoughts are encouraging.