Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My college in the NYTimes

My alma mater, John Brown University, made it into the New York Times.

To my amazement, the school administration reversed its longstanding policy on dancing. That is dancing on campus! I have to admit that I crossed state lines to partake in some "boot-scootin' boogie." Not only did a break a basic fundamentalist tenet, but to my wife's horror, I attended aforementioned amusements in colored roper boots! All for the love of a brunette from Wheaton, IL.

Now that I've come to my fashion senses, it looks like John Brown has come to its senses and broken ties with its fundamentalist past and embraced a future where "all things are received with thanksgiving."

All hail, JBU. JBU all hail! (or something like that. What was our school song?)

2 comments:

Shawn Manley said...

Hey, found your blog refreshing to read! Thanks, it's nice to read something without having to overt my eyes, lol!

nerdypastor said...

From one Shawn to another thanks. I checked out your blog, and it sounds like you have an exciting ministry shaping up. I grew up in Southern California and went to school with the kids of Larry Poland who is president of Mastermedia, a ministry to Hollywood execs and actors. Look them up for some encouragement and networking.