Saturday, May 20, 2006

Seven Sevens

You got me Gummster. (HT: Still Reforming)

Seven things to do before I die:

1. Visit Ireland
2. Finish my Biblical Counseling training through CCEF. www.ccef.org
3. Learn Latin and teach it to my kids.
4. Learn to listen more than I speak.
5. Talk about Jesus as naturally as I do about U2, coffee, and my kids.
6. Publish a book
7. See my grandkids walking with Christ.


Seven things I cannot do:

1. Read IKEA assembly diagrams.
2. Not check e-mail.
3. Take my vitamins every day.
4. Turn the TV off while "something good" is on.
5. Stop being dorky.
6. Get my blog listed on PCA blogs. Help anyone?
7. Stop drinking coffee.

Seven things that attract me to my spouse:

1. Her love for Christ. She's more reformed than I am!
2. She quotes movies better than I do!
3. She's a blogging fiend.
4. The way she engages our kids intellectually and spiritually.
5. Her lack of "agenda" for me. She's waiting for me to grow into the husband she deserves.
6. Her love for me
7. Her love for the church. She sees Her beauty when I can't.

Seven things I say most often:

1. you know, the ______ kind of thing
2. What are you doing?
3. What are you thinking?
4. What's up with that?
5. Why did I come up here again?
6. Where's my . . .
7. As we come to the close (the sign that we've got 10 more minutes of sermon coming!!)


Seven books (or series) I love:

1. When the Swans are Silent, biographies by John Piper
2. The Peacemaker by Ken Sande
3. C.S. Lewis-Narnia series + Screwtape Letters
4. Anything by CCEF profs.
5. ESV bible
6. Gospel Mystery of Sanctification
7. Anything by John Piper

Seven movies I would watch over and over again:

1. Original Star Wars
2. Pink Panther series
3. Chariots of Fire
4. Napoleon Dynamite
5. Pride and Prejudice A&E
6. Wooster and Jeeves (with "Dr. House" as Bertie Wooster)
7. Behind Enemy Lines



Bonus/Alternate (for any who don't watch movies over & over)
Seven music albums/artists/box sets I listen to over and over again:


1. U2
2. Jars of Clay Redemption Songs
3. Mark Heard
4. The Innocence Mission
5. Sufjan Stevens
6. Switchfoot
7. They Might Be Giants

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"As we come to the close (the sign that we've got 10 more minutes of sermon coming!!)"

I fear this is true of many preachers...