Thursday, April 26, 2007

So that (your town here) looks like Heaven

Through the wonders of the iPod, I've been able to redeem large tracks of time and feed my soul and sharpen my preaching skill.

As I was on my way to some meetings yesterday, I was blessed and sharpened and emboldened by Matt Brown's teaching on Phil. 3 about our citizenship being in heaven. He told us about Philippi and how it was a Roman city built for Roman soldiers and all who were born in that city would become Roman citizens. Pastor Brown reminded us that our citizenship affects how we view our city. Just like the Philippians who were far away from home, built a city that looked like "home", Christians are part of building a city that looks like home.

Check it out for yourself. (sends you to another window and then to iTunes store to download podcast.)

No comments: